Full protected No Claims Discount

Pieface

Hi,
I was involved in a car accident in 2023 and the claim was settled against my insurance policy with RSA (123.ie).
123.ie tells me that I am not able to purchase the fully protected NCD until I am accident free for the next 3 years.
However, when I did an online quote with Chill Insurance, I was given the option to purchase their Full NCD protection.
When I was talking to 123.ie, I thought that this rule is standard with all insurers and so was surprised when I did the online quote with Chill. So is it the case that this rule is dependent on the insurer?

Thank you.

However, when I did an online quote with Chill Insurance, I was given the option to purchase their Full NCD protection.
Did you disclose the claim? You will effectively have 0 years NCD if you choose to move to another insurer. NCD protection policies only apply to your current insurer, so while Chill might allow you purchase NCD protection, you will be starting from scratch again.

NCD protection will ensure your current provider maintains the current level of discount, but they are still permitted add a loading to the policy.

Back