fuel efficient car for 3.5k max?

finfix

Hey all,
I am trying to find a car that is easy on fuel and that will come in under the 3.5k mark- low budget I know, but I can't increase it sadly.

A diesel would be my first preference, and also if possible 5 doors.. and as fresh/new as is possible in this budget. I tried the Micra but didn't like it to be honest, and it will have to be 1.2 or more litre engine as I do lot of motorway/country road driving!

anything out there that would work?

Thanks for any ideas!

I'd go for a little Fiat Panda 1.1L. Great car and Fiat are no longer a fix it another time company. 4 doors, plenty of space and you'll get a 2005 for under €3,500. Check carzone.ie or via rte.ie/motors.

A toyota yaris, I drive one now and it really is a faboulous little car ,great economy and 1.2 engine, which is surprisingly comfortable on long journeys.

If you are doing a bit of mileage a bigger diesel car could be in order.

maybe golf corrolla octavia

Or a bit bigger passat avensis, Skoda Superb.

Go to carzone and put in max price 4000 and others to suit and see what pops up.

Try the "poor man's Golf" - a Skoda Fabia, you can pick up a 03 model for that, and it's a great little car.

Problem with the diesels in your price range is that they'll have 2x-3x the mileage of a comparable petrol car - all of the previous owners would have been buying them for the same reason - fuel economy and doing more miles. At that point personally I'd rather go for a petrol car that's seen light domestic use rather than a diesel car that's been on the road all it's life. :)

Back