FTB Exemption Question

U

ukftb

Myself and my fiancee are thinking of buying a apartment in the UK. We plan to spend 2 more years here before moving home. Our plan is for her to buy the flat over here and to have the mortgage and flat in her name. Then next year get married, and move home the following year. So in 2007 we will be hoping to move home and buy a place in Ireland (all going well and the contracting market holds stong and we can save a deposit). This time I will get the mortgage and have it in my name. Will this enable us to use my FTB exemption in 2 years time since I wont have a claim to the UK property.

Will we loose this FTB exemption if we have to sell the uk property and my partner(well in 2 years my wife) gifts me cash towards the Irish property.

And finally if we do managed to keep the 2 properties individually with 2 separate mortgages what are the impilcations on for us when we eventually decide to put each others names on the deeds/mortgage in a few years time?
What do you reckon is it worth the hassle ? We dont reckon house prices will increase in 2 years over here to compensate for the lose of the FTB, (house prices are stagent for the last few months) however we just want to get on the the ladder and cant wait another 2 years to do so.

Back