Frost Free Freezers

justsally

In the process of buying an under the counter freezer. Would like to buy a "frost free" one. Has anyone bought one. Is the frost free aspect effective? I'm looking at the Hotpoint Freezer as it seems to be the cheapest one I can find that is suitable.

Thanks

I have a Zanussi.

I think they are great. There's not even an ounce of frost in mine.

I would not recommend hotpoint as I have had terrible problems with my fridgefreezer and they have moved their customer service dept to the UK and they are unhelpful and do not return calls when promised...so steer well clear

Have a belling one, small bit of frost in it but nothing like used to happen in the old days with 2" think coatings of ice so do recommend getting frost free

Would definitely recommend a frost free, after years of having to defrost every few months this is a huge improvement . I've a Hotpoint Future which I bought last year in Currys.
Working perfectly and not a sign of ice.

I bought an standalone freezer recently. I did a little research and depending on what you are freezing sometimes frost free is better and sometimes non-frost free is. So if you freeze bread/pastry/cakes etc frost free isn't supposed to be great. Something to do with motor heating v slightly to keep frost at bay making items stale. My fridge freezer one is frost free, my stand alone one isn't. I have had for 3 months now and no visible frost yet, so perhaps the newer models are a little better on that front?

HTH

Follow Up:-

Zanussi frost free undercounter freezers can't be got in the republic.:( Currys online stock them but they only make UK deliveries. My only option is Sams Yer Man - price is competitive, (wish there wasn't a £35) delivery charge which wasn't mentioned in original quote.

I have another free standing freezer - which isn't frost free so I guess I'll experiment with both to see which food is best kept in which freezer.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Back