Fraggle Rock

Purple

I'd like to say it was the war in Ukraine and all that stuff that distracted me but really there's no excuse; a new series of Fraggle Rock has been made by Apple+ and I haven't seen it. Besides that is there anything else worth watching on Apple+?

I'm hearing the original 1980s theme song in my head now... have heard good things about the new version.

Slow Horses is a 1960s spy series in the 'grubby' Le Carre vibe starring Gary Oldman. Haven't got around to watching it, think there's only 6 episodes.

For All Mankind is an interesting if slow sci-fi imagining an alternate past where Russia and the US are both on the moon. It is as much about the astronauts home lives as the space stuff.

Ted Lasso has won a rake of awards, it is a dramedy from the creator of Scrubs about an American football coach who somehow ends up managing a Premier League team. Season 1 was good I thought.

Edit - also on the scifi front
The pilot for Foundation was fantastic but it ran out of steam for me.
Avoid Invasion. One of those series were everything interesting happens first and last episodes.

Last edited:
I'd have a similar request for Amazon Prime... am a fan of Bosch and will get around to Bosch Legacy soon, and scifi-fantasy (Star Trek, The Boys, Expanse, Man in High Castle, Wheel of Time).

I liked season 1 of Jack Ryan, but couldn't get into s2.
I enjoyed the pilots for Reacher and Goliath, but that was enough of a fix.
Lore made for good Halloween viewing.

Ten Percent (remake of Call My Agent) getting mixed reviews.

Will check out their Lord of the Rings series when it airs, if I'm still signed up.

But not seeing too much else to grab me. Was hoping for some Eurocrime series but search is poor so drawing a blank there.

Last edited:
I'd have a similar request for Amazon Prime... am a fan of Bosch and will get around to Bosch Legacy soon, and scifi-fantasy (Star Trek, The Boys, Expanse, Man in High Castle, Wheel of Time).

I liked season 1 of Jack Ryan, but couldn't get into s2.
I enjoyed the pilots for Reacher and Goliath, but that was enough of a fix.
Lore made for good Halloween viewing.

Ten Percent (remake of Call My Agent) getting mixed reviews.

Will check out their Lord of the Rings series when it airs, if I'm still signed up.

But not seeing too much else to grab me. Was hoping for some Eurocrime series but search is poor so drawing a blank there.
I loved The Boys.

Giving up on Netflix, partially because of the price increase and partially because I've watched anything worth watching.

I'm finding Virgin More is quite good if you are a customer in that it's showing things that were on ITV but not got over here to their main channel just yet, Ipcress file remake is quite good.

Back