Form 12

techman

Hello,

I received my Statement of Tax Credits for 2008 today. Also received in a separate letter from Revenue, a Form 12.

I have never received this before. I am a PAYE worker (employee). Why have I received this form?

I thought you had to request it from Revenue.

Revenue sometimes unilaterally request PAYE workers to do a Form 12 return. You are supposed to complete and return it.

I got one as well, so did my sister. Both of us PAYE workers and was wondering why. Maybe they had extra paper this year. Turns out I needed it anyway lol

Revenue sometimes unilaterally request PAYE workers to do a Form 12 return. You are supposed to complete and return it.

I received a Med1 form in the post today, didn't request it either, however I have already submitted my claim for Medical Expenses etc. relating to last year, surely if I was to fill this out again it would look like I was trying to reclaim for the same expenses twice?

Revenue says they send out some Random Form12's every year. Does anybody believe that?????????????

If they say it and some people get Form 12s and others don't then why would one doubt it? :confused:

Thanks Graham. I've never seen one and I'm PAYE for 18 years. Haven't seen my tax credits yet as they are home home.

Revenue says they send out some Random Form12's every year. Does anybody believe that?????????????
The annoying thing about it is I tried to do a Med 1 online tonight and says I can't as I have a form 12 outstanding. Talk about making work for people.

Obviously they run a query on last years income and tax figures along with a couple of other variables. One interesting one, you buy a prestige car and they put a note on your file. So they could query the records for cases where income was <50k in 2006 and prestige car purchased in 2007.

For PAYE people who get Form 12s there is hardly anything to fear, attach a copy of your P60, tick a few boxes are send it back. Of course if you have 3 holidays homes rented out in Kerry now is the time to come clean.

If you made a MED1 claim last year there is a good chance you will get one in the post this year. It saves them having to have a staff member answer a phonecall from you, walk over and get an envelope and put the form in the post.

I got a form 12 in the post yesterday too. I thought it might have been because I've been registered as a company director (of my apartment management company). But I've just been randomly selected?

Was there a thread like this last year? Or have AAM readers been targeted this year? :cool:

I got a form 12 in the post yesterday too. I thought it might have been because I've been registered as a company director (of my apartment management company). But I've just been randomly selected?

What's to say that you don't receive a salary for being a director? They can't just assume that you don't recieve an income from it. The management company would have been obliged to register for certain taxes and when you are listed on that registration with a PPS number Revenue may have added Income Tax (self employed) to your tax records.

In that case would they not have sent out a form 11

Certain non owning directors would be covered by completing form 12. For example a director getting paid through the companies paye system but who does not own any shares in the company.

I've just received one of these Form 12s too and I'm not sure why/what it's for. A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable about this:
- It asks for Gross interest received on my Irish Deposit Accounts. Am I supposed to be going through my bank statements calculating this?
- Same question as above regarding my SSIA
- I had an op in 2006 which I claimed for (MED1) at the end of that year so am I supposed to be filling those details in or not?

Help! :)

Back