form 11 dividend entry

stevemac

Hi
I received a share dividend which I automatically reinvested as additional shares in 2014.
Am I required to enter this on the form 11 (and if so where ) or will this be catered for when I decide to sell the shares ?
thanks

You received dividends so yes you have to include them in income. Were they subject to DWT if so it's the total including DWT and you claim a credit.

You have also acquired chargeable assets for the net amount which will be your base cost for future disposal.

Many thanks for the response.- sorry what does DWT mean ?
I have a memory of a dividend section from previous years but cannot find it in the current form.

Are dividends classed as CGT rather than income as no actual money has been received.

UK or US dividends should be entered in the foreign income page. Irish dividend income in the Irish Other Income screen.

You have also acquired chargeable assets for the net amount which will be your base cost for future disposal.

Does that mean you need to report them as Aquired chargeable assets on the form also? If the dividend is re-invested I guess it is an aquired asset?

Back