"For Sale by Owner" Advice please.

No-one-home

I'm considering putting my house on the market and am looking at my options, one possibility is to offer it "for sale by owner" does anyone have any experiance of doing this?

There are houses both sides of me for sale by the leading estate agents in the area so any sign I put up should be seen by prospective buyers.

Working in sales, I feel that I can give a much better sales pitch than any of the EA's will. Looking at the descriptions of the other houses for sale close to me also indicates that they don't seem to be trying too hard.

Which website would you consider the best for listing it on?

Any advice would be appreciated, however I do reserve the right to ignore it completely!!!;)

Cheers
N-O-H.

Website probably has to be myhome.ie tbh....Sure selling it yourself you can only but try.

Goodluck.

Do a search as there are other threads on this topic which give web addresses that you need.

Daft is in the same league as Myhome. Purchasers are looking at both sites now. Think of what you would do when looking for a house to buy.

I tried selling a house myself earlier in 2006 and the amount of absolute timewasters was unbelievable. People out for a look, people clearly not in a financial position to buy, people for whom the house clearly wasn’t suitable (I do acknowledge that you sometimes have to get a good look around) but you would get comments like I need four beds (it was a three bed).

My feeling was that buyers nowadays are looking at show houses all the time and expect second-hand houses to look the same. In the end I went with an auctioneer who dealt with all those idiots. If I added up all the time the auctioneer/estate agent spent on it he probably earned his money.

Back