Florida in July

Bronte

It's not for this year but we had planned to do the 'Disney' thing one time for the children and 3 weeks to a month in Florida renting a nice villa seemed like a good idea during the school holidays hence choosing July. Now that I've looked into it it seems it's too hot and the weather desperate. Is this true. Is there anywhere else in the world to go for at least 3 weeks that would be like Florida?

Florida

Hi bronte,

Ive just returned from Florida. Sorry to tell you that its very warm and humid in July and would avoid it especially with kids, Feb and March are really the best times to visit Florida.

If you want bearable sunshine for July for 3/4 weeks then its France....youll get flights from Dublin to Nantes, La Rochelle and Shannon Nantes if from the west. Stay near La Rochelle or La Tanche sur mer. If you want more info email me. Youll have temps up to in high 20,s in July. Spain can be too hot in July.

Hi Bronte,
Florida IS hot in July, like everywhere but Ireland(!), but it's not unbearable. Everywhere is air conditioned. The theme parks have wonderul cold water sprays randomly located around them and all theme parks have water rides which are great for cooling you down!! Most of them also have young kiddie areas where they can run through all sorts of wonderful water runs,and fountains, all very safe. With the heat, clothes dry very quickly!! We have been there with youngies of various ages - 1, 3, 5, 9. It probably is more pleasant in February or Sept/Oct but personally, I wouldn't rule it out for July. Enjoy!!

I wouldn't rule out July either - although if your kids are very young, it might just be a bit too hot and sticky. We've been a few times, gradually creeping later and later in the year as initially I thought I would die in the heat past April. Now I think I would be reluctant to go BEFORE April especially with kids if you want to do the water parks. The earliest we've been is February when there was steam rising from the villa pool in the morning as it was frosty outside (it's not always that cold...). We went to a water park one day where staff outnumbered guests - again, it was soooo cold - I figured out later that the temperature and windchill made it like going to an outdoor waterpark in Ireland on an April day with a fresh north-east wind - only the mad Irish and English were there that day! So, last time it was late June/early July and while, yes, it was very hot, it was bearable. There will probably be a heavy rain storm every day in the afternoon for about an hour but they always move off quickly - and the theme parks clear out leaving them emptier afterwards. There's air-conditioning everywhere so you can always duck inside if things get too hot.

Would suggest going to Disneyland in Anaheim, California instead at this time of year. The weather is much nicer there than in Florida, summer weather in California is never too hot, maybe mid 70's and no humidity also cools down in evening. having visited Disneyland in both places, my preference is for the one in California. I have also been in Florida in July and it is really hot and humid with thunderstorms and heavy rain most days. Travel time is not so much longer especially if going for 3/4 weeks. There are some lovely locations in Orange Co. south of Los Angeles where you can rent a house and use as a base, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point. North of LA, Santa Barbara is beautiful. Aer Lingus used to fly direct there but no direct flights now, you have to go through London or somewhere in US. Good Luck.

We go to Florida on Dec 27th/28th for three weeks. The weather is beautiful - like a good Irish hot day. The sales are fantastic and the parks are beautifully decorated. You can enjoy the Christmas parades in the parks and the firework displays on New Year's eve. Have never gone in June/Jul/Aug because of the humidity. Roll on December!

We go to Florida on Dec 27th/28th for three weeks. The weather is beautiful - like a good Irish hot day. The sales are fantastic and the parks are beautifully decorated. You can enjoy the Christmas parades in the parks and the firework displays on New Year's eve. Have never gone in June/Jul/Aug because of the humidity. Roll on December!

we did too its just as you say perfect. holiday.. we thought we were just lucky with the weather 3 years ago..

Back