Laya Flex 250 Explore Renewal

Nutso

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

Renewal due 1st Feb for 2 x adults and 1 x child. Have been quoted €2526 annual payment (monthly dd).

I'm not so concerned about day to day cover but would like a certain amount of private / hi-tech cover (semi-private basis is fine).

Is this the best plan for us? Thankfully we are all in good health with no particular issues. We would have no issue changing providers.

Thanks,
Nutso

Nutso,

Adult Options;
The following plans are worth considering;

1. VHI PMI 37 13; Price 1075pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess 100 per admission or day case.

2. Essential Health 300; price 895pa; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered; cardiac fully covered in 3 hi-tech hospitals.
private excess 300 x 2 max per year for all admissions and 125 per day case procedure.

[broken link removed]

Child Options

1. VHI Start Plan; price 103pa; a selected list of public hospitals covered - this list includes the 3 children's hospitals in Dublin. It is important
to check this list to ensure the hospitals suit your location.

2. VHI One + Plan; price 209pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case.

[broken link removed]

As your renewal date is February 2019, there is no guarantee the above prices will stay the same. There may be new price offers available at
that stage.

Regards, Snowyb

Many thanks Snowyb. I had checked HIA comparison but it bamboozled me with choices. At least I will have somewhere to start.

Many thanks Snowyb - on the back of your advice, I did a bit more research and we opted for the Essential Health 300 plan.

Maybe other people are already aware but there was a 10% discount for some plans when signing up online. If I tried to change my plan within my existing account, it didn't give the discount. I called Laya and they advised me to sign up online and then call them with the new membership number. This may be a help to someone else so thought I would pass it on.

Back