Fixed to std variable rate

G

Gandorf

Hello,

We're coming off a fixed rate next week. Our loan documentation states we'll be automatically put onto the standard variable rate which suits us fine.

However the standard variable is now listed as "discontinued" on the banks website and the new variable rates are based on LTV ratios.

As we are existing customers can we avail of the discontinued standard rate? I'll be ringing the bank to discuss options but I was wondering if anyone here had any insight.

Thanks

Just looking on their site there and they have LTV variables of < 50% >50%>=80% and >80% so based on your LTV you'll probably get one of those?

Thanks PaddyW,

Unfortunately taking the middle option that would mean a rate of 3.45% rather than the std variable at 3.25%. Also I guess it would require a valuation which I doubt is free.

Since our documentation states that we'll be put on the standard variable once the fixed term is finished I was hoping that these new LTV rates would not apply to us.

I would be fairly certain that as an existing customer you will go on to the standard variable rate that all the existing customers are on (3.25 currently)

Back