First Active Money Market Deposit - 6.34% AER

Inquired at 2 branches without success about opening one of these. No T&Cs available it appears. Strange. Has anyone got the T&Cs and/or managed to open one?

I sent a query to 2 seperate e-mail addresses about their e-saver when it came on the market. Am still waiting for a response!! Got a reply back from a query about the regular saver saying they'd post a form to me and am still waiting. Opened the e-saver online and the regular saver by getting a form in a branch in the meantime

Opened one of these today with a laborious 40 minute meeting. If you don't already have an account with them, they ask all sorts of personal financial questions such as your monthly income and expenditure, how much other money you have etc. Needless to say I refused to answer such questions.​

As stated above my experience of dealing with First Active is not the best. ALtho when both accounts were opened I never had a problem with online functionality or anything like that.

A lot of banks could learn some customer service lessons from Anglo (no connection to Anglo btw apart from being a satisfied customer)

I was just up at the First Active Grafton St. branch this morning - this offer is now closed to all new and existing customers (this is of course having spent some time running around withdrawing money from other institutions to get the lump sum together - a total waste of time!)

I was just up at the First Active Grafton St. branch this morning - this offer is now closed to all new and existing customers (this is of course having spent some time running around withdrawing money from other institutions to get the lump sum together - a total waste of time!)

So where are you putting the cash? The Financial Regulator ( http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/cs_group.jsp ) still displays the Investec offer rate as open at 6.5% better than the FA offer.

Cake- I called into FA in Swords on Tuesday and they accepted my money and told me the offer was closing on this Friday. Now that you have assembled the money perhaps you should give the Swords branch a call.

Just ried to open an account to be told it was pulled last night. This was after speaking to a person in the branch yesterday that told me that the offer finished on Friday but to get in today as they were expecting a rush!!

Best they could offer was 5.2%.

Called into First Active with draft yesterday, but was told that the Money Market account was closed since the previous evening. My draft is now sitting in Anglo's 1 year fixed !!!

Does anyone know the best monthly rate...I was thinking about €20,000 in for a month on a high interest rate....is Investec at 4.89% A.E.R. the best around

Last edited:
Does anyone know the best monthly rate...I was thinking about €20,000 in for a month on a high interest rate....is Investec at 4.89% A.E.R. the best around

Yes, The investec offer of 5.00% is the best for one month fixed.

You might be better just leaving it on demand with Anglo at 5.5%

I don't get this.... is this set at 5.5% A.E.R. presently but may drop at any stage....with the min. set at ECB+0.5%.

Yes - it might drop.

But .. . Anglo are still today heavily advertising this rate. They also said when they announced their results that they want to increase their deposits significantly. They can only do this by offering some market leading products.

Yes, This was my thinking too...however as I posted on nother thread...is this not the case for all banks...First Active, from the knowledge picked up on the other threads, have already closed off their Fixed market deposit account with 6.25% Int. A.E.R.

Is this not going against the grain....I would of thought that all banks would be looking for additonal cash at this stage.

First Active may have just reached the target amount of money that they need to raise. Anglo have openly said they need more deposits and are a good bit off their deposit to loans ratio target.

This 6 month deposit was a good deal last November or so. If anyone is rolling over it would be interesting to see what rate is on offer as First Active probably took in quite a bit then.

Back