Film4

pnh

Anyone interested in movies who has NTL Digital might be interested to know-if they dont already-that Film4-is going FTA from tomorrow.Its on Channel 321.

Sorry dont know about Chorus-I have NTL-its on channel 323 not 321.
Started showing movies last night at 9pm-didnt watch but checked it briefly-
coming in loud and clear.They also have a +1 channel where the same thing is shown an hour or so later.
If u cant find it suggest you ring Chorus

Is it available on the basic NTL digital package? I tried last night but got the 'You have not subscribed to this channel' message. Should I try restarting the box or is it only on the higher packages?

JohnnieKippe said:
Watched it last night on NTL digital. Saw 'Sexy Beast'. Great little film I had not seen before.

Yeah - Ben Kingsley's character is as far apart from his characterisation of Ghandi as it gets.

For anyone with NTL Digital-unplug your decoder for about 10 secs and then
start it up again-any recent additions such as this should then be available-Film4 on channel 323:) Just remains to be seen how often they show some of these movies;)

As a longtime Film 4 subscriber I'm disappointed it's going free as it will now carry advertising.

Just got my NTL bill today though and I'm "unsurprised" to see they've gone ahead and billed me for the next two months anyway, even though the world and its mother has known for ages that the channel would be going free.

did they carry any advertising when they were sub only?.Doesnt surprise me about NTL I recently stopped my direct debit with them due to a long history of breakdowns and poor reception in my area -dont know of there is any connection but reception has been very good since and they are laying new cable in my area-was it something I said:p

Can this channel be picked up for free by satellite dish owners (not Sky subscribers) in the way BBCs and ITVs can be, and if so on what frequency? I found a channel showing a loop of ads for the channel but not the channel itself. Is it going to be like the C4 and C5 situation? Any ideas ?

Yes, it's on Astra at 28.2 east.

10,729Mhz, 22,000sps, Vertical.

It's FTA, no $ky sub or $ky box needed, a general-purpose DVB satellite receiver is all that's needed.

Thanks a million Technologist! Just the info I needed! Look forward to lots of quality films in the future!

Back