"feck off elsewhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cerberos

"As ever if anybody doesn't like the policy on AAM then they should find another board that better suits their needs."

I think this type of remark is over used on this site.

A board should be made up of its members and not all the members will like all the policies all the time.

If its against poliocy then point this out to the member and then a FULL STOP.

Howver, they should be allowed to comment or have an opinion without basically being told to " feck off elsewhere " every time.

How do others feel about this?
:(

Look, this board is what it is. We all get irked by Moderator's decisions at one time or another but if there was nobody in charge, it wouldn't be as good. If you want free for all, this is not the place, so Clubman is quite right in recommending that you find somewhere else. It's not a democracy so it's not a case that if you don't like it, you have a "right" to be heard, you're alternative is to make other arrangments for whatever it is you want to discuss.

Clubman or the other mods don't use terms like "feck off" and show a lot more respect to time wasters (not you in particular) than is shown in return.

I never normally post to these kinds of messages but for god's sake people, read posting guidelines and get a handle on what this site is about before you start the whinging, because you are looking for something here that was never going to be here! Constructive comments and suggestions are welcomed in another area but moaning is boring.

Rebecca

I do sometimes come across threads that have been closed and am a bit peed off, likewise I don't agree with a lot of comments made by mods. However I do find it a bit annoying when you come across a thread that has been ongoing for ages and you find that everybody else has just about given up making comments and it comes down to two posters who keep sniping at each other and making the same tired arguments. I think some discussions need to be ended because they become very bloody boring and the mods will generally close them at this stage- If this was a free for all and everybody was allowed to just waffle on and on and on the site just wouldn't be as informative as it is. For every decision that annoys you by the mods, there will be ten that you agree with. :)

The fundamental point, which has been reiterated time and time again, is that Brendan Burgess, who generously funds AAM from his own pocket, is personally liable for any questionable conduct. Witness the current legal issues over at boards.ie. The mods, who give their own free time btw, must police AAM with that in mind.

MissRibena's post sums it up.

for god's sake people, read posting guidelines and get a handle on what this site is about before you start the whinging, because you are looking for something here that was never going to be here! Constructive comments and suggestions are welcomed in another area but moaning is boring.

"feck off elsewhere"
Nobody ever used those exact words. Nobody is forced to use AAM if the moderation policy doesn't match their needs. If this is the case then they should find another forum that better meets their needs. This thread is closed. Further threads question moderation policy will be closed too and could lead to bans. Constructive suggestions are a different matter and are always welcome in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back