family weekend suggestions in ireland

S

squitchell

Hi, my parents are 50 years married in Feb.'09. Our family and grandkids want to go somewhere for a friday and saturday night. There is 57 of us (42 over 12years and 15 under). We would like a hotel that also maybe has houses/ cottages that will cater for everyones needs. Any suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated. We stayed at the clonea strand for their 40th 10 years ago.

many thanks

Did something similar last year for my parents 50th. About 30 of us went to Faithlegg House just outside Waterford. Had a great time.
Golf for the men, a spa for the women and the kids had a ball in the swimming pool.

Shannon Oakes Hotel in Portumna Co Galway has pool spa and there is golf near by. There are also Chalets in the grounds of the hotel not owned by hotel but you can rent them out for weekends. These accommodate lots of people, we used them for a family reunion a couple of years ago. The hotel will give you the phone no of the office that you book them from.

Stayed at Shannon Oaks last year and wasn't very impressed.

Was in Mount Wolseley about 3 years ago and that was nice, they have 4 bedroom houses sleeping 7 (a double, 2 twins & a single room).

I just had a look at Dream Ireland's website - I have used them a few times and generally been happy - and came across this place - holiday homes at the Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh. I know nothing about the hotel but what caught my attention was that there are 12 x 5 bedroom houses and 2 x 8 bedroom houses. Rates seem to be a little over €1,000 for a week, which seems like a good deal for houses that can accommodate so many people and claim to be 4* standard.

rent out an entire youth hostel-actually quite luxurious, and very reasonable (sleeps about 50 at around 10 euro per night per head!)
www.rentahostel.com

Back