Family hotels in London

K

kevibo

Hi,

Anyone got any advice on good family hotels in/around London?
Going in late August with wife and 2 kids (6+4).
3 nights.
Flying into Stansted with Ryanair (not too sure whether to get bus r train), and plan to go to Legoland for a day if the weather is ok.
Other than that I suppose the usual sites, Madame Tussads, Natural History Museum, Aquarium etc etc....

Was over for a family occasion last year and about 10 of us stayed in the Grange Holborn Hotel - adults & kids. Got a great deal via some website (could have been ryanair).

They have lots of hotels around London to choose from and great facilities. Three family members even turned up on the day and got an even better deal!

Also try to book tickets in advance for many of the places you intend visiting e.g. Madame Tussauds, London Eye etc.

I was in Legoland 2 weeks ago. My kids (6 and 4) loved it. We got in half price with vouchers from bumper pack of Walkers crisps. Saved about £40. Well worth it.Have a great time.

Would recommend Premier Inn in County Hall - I stayed there with better half and 2 kids last April and it was the perfect base for exploring london. The Hotel is right beside the London eye - in fact you can see it from the dining room

Thistle Marble Arch off Oxford Street do family rooms - doesn't give the option online but if you ring/email them they'll give you quote. Think some one posted a pic of one on tripadvisor pics. Lovely hotel, great breakfast, food served in bar til midnight or so which is very handy!

Not going to bother with London itself.
Going to hire a car from Stansted and stay around Windsor/Bracknell/Slough area for Legoland. See on the Legoland website some good deals 2 days for the price of one with accomdation.
Any idea's on Hotels?
Any idea's on things to do around that area apart from Legoland, and in the evening time?

Legoland is fantastic.
Don't bother with Slough.
Windsor is a nice town with the Castle etc.
Eton another nice town but quiet enough without the students.
Henley-on-Thames not too far away.
Kingston for shopping.
There's a nice family hotel near Bracknell, I'll get you details if you want.
Heathrow airport would be a lot closer for you.
Can recommend the Burnham Beeches hotel.

Back