Fairview Close Apts, off Richmond avenue, Dublin

Had to do 2 snags ... did a follow up inspection after them and still few outstanding issues ... its taking very long alright ... I'm hoping to close soon but not sure ... The builder we dealt with said some people had moved in , so there must be some closed already !!

Hey,
was out there today for 3rd snag! Yeah, it's very slow and has started to drag. Lifts to be working next week... We offcially closed yesterday so was hoping to pick up the keys today but still too much outstanding on snag.
Acc to solicitor, 19 apts have closed and moved in. From what I heard today, Tony the foreman has moved to another site and Cornelius, the snagger, was the foreman for today.

Got the final inspection for my place completed today , am finalising the funds for tomorrow and should be closing / getting keys next week. Its been a long wait but looks like I'll be moving in soon :-D ... nice one

well done, lizard king. Hope all goes well for you on the move. Will be joining ye by the end of April if snagging improves. keep us informed:))

Please note the following:

The Location, Location, Location forum is designed to help people who are buying a house to decide on a location. It is NOT designed for residents to discuss the problems on their estate.

is an excellent website which does just that.

We are happy to refer people to neighbours.ie but please do not post further posts saying that they have now opened a new forum for a particular estate.

Brendan

I've been looking at one of the penthouses in Block B here and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them? I'm incredibly interested in it but wondering if the previous buyer pulled out for a reason.

Parking is a major concern as well, 1 spot per apartment no matter what the size seems ridiculous. Estate Agents claim its already full down there and said they doubt anymore would become available. Where are guests meant to park?

I looked at the apartments a few months ago & was pretty impressed with the finish & location. Yes, 1 space per unit seems tight, but apparently that's all the space that the builders could get in the u/g car park. I also heard from a friend in Dublin City Council that DCC are trying to clamp down on the amount of car spaces in developments in their area, to encourage the use of public transport

People pull out for various reasons - we let it go because our own circumstances changed job-wise, so I wouldn't let that sway you

There is a lack of spaces but thankfully they've not started clamping cars outside yet..

Some people don't use their spaces , it may be possible to come to an arrangement with some neighbours perhaps. My parking space is unused currently but I am looking for a motor at the moment so would not be interested in letting the spot.

Interested to hear the price the penthouses are going for if you are willing to tell (pm me if you want)

but apparently that's all the space that the builders could get in the u/g car park. I also heard from a friend in Dublin City Council that DCC are trying to clamp down on the amount of car spaces in developments in their area, to encourage the use of public transport

but what?

Just because they have justification for the fact there is only one space doesn't change a thing.

I don't see your point - if you can only fit x amount of spaces in an area, and everybody gets one guaranteed... surely that's better than limited spaces at €30k each???

Back