FA & UB eSavings Plus Account

Thanks.

Time to find a new home.

Let me know what you find?
Disappointed to see the drop in interest rate but inevitable I suppose.
I had jumped into this account about 6 months ago when Postbank dropped from 3.55% to 0.5% or something equally paltry.

Can we just switch to the newly launched Bonus Saver or Pathway accounts? Or are they just for new customers?

On their website it says the money you put into the Bonus Saver or Pathsaver accounts must not already be on deposit in UB.

So if I withdraw every last penny, open a Bonus Saver or Pathway account and re-lodge the money would that work?

Sure give them a call and see how you get on, I'm sure they wouldnt want the deposits on hold to leave.

I spoke to an advisor in Ulster Bank. They insisted the money could not come from a UB account. I was advised to move the money out then transfer it back in.

Another example of crazy terms.

Probably easiest to transfer to your current account and then wire the money back in.

Ok, I have closed plus and have now pathway.

One thing to note is that the interest is paid annually and not monthly as with the plus account.

So my plan is to close this account after six months, or indeed earlier if better rates with suitable institutions become available as the rate drops by 1% after such time.

TonyD

Did you have to transfer your money out of UB first.

Or did they allow you to move it straight from esavings plus to pathway.

Ok, I have closed plus and have now pathway.

One thing to note is that the interest is paid annually and not monthly as with the plus account.

So my plan is to close this account after six months, or indeed earlier if better rates with suitable institutions become available as the rate drops by 1% after such time.

Congratulations on closing the eplus. I accidentally opened two eSavings some time back. I wrote to them this week and posted the letter at Limerick GPO early Monday morning.....the account is still there :rolleyes:

Well, I didnt quite move it out, mentioned I was gonna move it to another institution and reopen the account, think they realised that was a bit stupid and opened the account for me.

Also, I had about three of those eplus accounts too, as there was a problem when opening them, the opened as a regular account.Took a few goes.

Ask to speak to a manager, there are different access rights on the Ulster Bank system, I know from past experience that manager might be able to push it through.

I have an e-saving account with first active and have been thinking of changing over to e-saving plus. I went into ulster bank and was told that i have to open a current account in order to open e-saving plus. This puts me off as I will probably never use that current account again apart from opening e-saving plus account. any one had the same experience?

When I set up my esavings plus account I had to have a current account to transfer the money into my new esavings plus account.

I can empathise with your frustration. When trying to set up my new pathway account was told I had to move my money out of UB and then transfer in back in. I thought this was all too much hassle.

When trying to set up my new pathway account was told I had to move my money out of UB and then transfer in back in. I thought this was all too much hassle.
Well I presume the point of this is to stop everybody on a lower rate product with UB, such as esavings plus, from switching over to the higher rates of Pathway and Bonus Saver. They should be looking after their existing customers rather than setting up juicy rates for new ones.

Yes, I understand the logic behind it - they are aiming to attract new customers. But it does seem to me like they risk losing their existing customers!

Back