Expenses from Aer Lingus

redwood park

Hi has anybody actually received accommodation expenses (due to ash)from Aer Lingus? If you did was it the full amount or percentage. We applied weeks ago with all receipts. We got an acknowledgement a week later. We got flight refund very quickly. Many thanks

Hi redwood park, I have an expenses claim in too but we were in the last batch to be stranded so I'd say we'll be waiting a while!
But I do know someone who was stranded at the start and she received the full lot back last week.

Got an acknowledgement last week, about 3 weeks after I sent in the receipts.

They say they are working on it!

Quick update: I got the refund for the ticket :)
Apparently, the system was overloaded when I sent the refund request, and it had never been processed.
Thankfully, my hubby called them to see what was with the long delay, so two days ago they finally put the request through, and I got the money back today.

I ahve to say it goes pretty fast once everything is clear :p

Hi. Yet another week gone by and still no "EXPENSES" refund (for 15th to 22nd April) from AER LINGUS. Has anyone got their refund or any recent communication or information from them.

Hi Redwood,
I faxed my claim on May 21st and I got a letter from them last Friday saying they have received my claim and will be in touch in due course. They said they are extremely busy with all the claims and have extra staff working on them.
I will let you know if I hear anymore but I'd say you will get yours before me.
Rebel

Hi Rebel. Thank You. We sent in claim 1st week in May and got acknowledgement within a week. I too will post as soon as I hear anythiing.

Do not dispair. My sis and I put in for our expenses around the day after we came home so in the last week of April and we got our refund about a week ago. For the full amount that we applied for too! We were worried as well because we had heard nothing at all and then we got the acknowledgement letter and then about a week after that we got the cheque in the post. While it did take a pretty long time - we weren't hopeful of getting very much so to be reimbursed for everything that we presented receipts for is great - and much needed!

Cheque arrived today. All expenses covered.

No hassle at all.

Aer Lingus will definitely get more business from me in the future!

Hi we too got cheque today for all receipted expenses claimed. Thank you all for your posts. Thank you Aer Lingus.

Hi guys, I had sent in the fax claim form so I got a letter Friday to send off the original receipts which I have so must do that today. What address did ye send them to? Thanks, Rebel

Address

You can send the original receipts to Customer Service (Claims Section) Aer Lingus HQ Dublin Airport and I would keep photocopy records of the original receipts.

Thanks for that, yeah I will keep photocopies of all the receipts and I will send it by registered post too.

Back