EV taking nights to charge to 80%

Like said above, its either your house or your car.
Go to any other AC charger and compare the charging rate. If its the same then the issue is in your car and it might have a max charge rate in some settings. If its faster at the other AC charger then the issue might be at your house. Similarly get anyone else you know with an EV to charge at your house and compare.
There was an issue with some VW's and some specific home car chargers so if it's not the above it could be this, but its a lot less likely

Like said above, its either your house or your car.
Go to any other AC charger and compare the charging rate. If its the same then the issue is in your car and it might have a max charge rate in some settings. If its faster at the other AC charger then the issue might be at your house. Similarly get anyone else you know with an EV to charge at your house and compare.
There was an issue with some VW's and some specific home car chargers so if it's not the above it could be this, but its a lot less likely
Thank you for your advice.

Thank you. I was becoming a little exasperated. That replies have brought great clarity to me. I will let you know how I get on.

IF you've a 58kWh battery it should charge roughly in 8.5 hrs from 0% to 100%.

This is nothing to do with your electricity meter, which only reads the flow of electricity to / from the property.

There is something incorrect if for some reason you are only drawing 2kW from the charger. As mentioned, if you know anyone else with an EV try them charging at your house for an hour and you at theirs. Then you will rule out either the car or the charger.

High speed charging is DC and is a different protocol to home charging so isn't relevant.

Usage 13 Jan 0001 to 14 Jaun 2359.pngUsage 01 Jan 0001 to 8 Jan 2359.pngTwo graphs showing electrical consumption from ESB Networks - we charge the car between 2300 and 0800. There is also a one bar heater in a garden room that runs at the same time.

First graph is usage on 13Jun 0001 to 2359- where we endeavoured to charge the car prior to a planned trip to Dublin from Donegal.
The second graph is usage between 01 Jan to 8 Jan.

The charging during the off peak is not even consistent- a few hours at 3kW and then back down to 2kW.

Can anyone with a 7 kW wall box and an EV and who has registered with ESB Networks advise me what their graph of consumption looks like ? Or how many KW are used during charging ?

What about the 63 A trip switch for the sockets failing ? Could this be related ?

There's something suspicious in the wiring if a 63amp circuit breaker is tripping.
Maybe an earth fault somewhere. It might be a failing heating element somewhere in an immersion or an electric cooker or single bar heater.

Have you checked the options on the Wallbox app. There is a max current option ? Is it set to the max which is 32A

View attachment 8327View attachment 8328Two graphs showing electrical consumption from ESB Networks - we charge the car between 2300 and 0800. There is also a one bar heater in a garden room that runs at the same time.

First graph is usage on 13Jun 0001 to 2359- where we endeavoured to charge the car prior to a planned trip to Dublin from Donegal.
The second graph is usage between 01 Jan to 8 Jan.

The charging during the off peak is not even consistent- a few hours at 3kW and then back down to 2kW.

Can anyone with a 7 kW wall box and an EV and who has registered with ESB Networks advise me what their graph of consumption looks like ? Or how many KW are used during charging ?
Something up there, it’s either a setting in the car, it could be a 16amp cable or it’s an issue with your supply .

My usage last night for example

Attachments

• IMG_2921.jpeg
    IMG_2921.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 12
There's something suspicious in the wiring if a 63amp circuit breaker is tripping.
Maybe an earth fault somewhere. It might be a failing heating element somewhere in an immersion or an electric cooker or single bar heater.
The 63 amp circuit breaker failed, it would not reset. It was for the sockets in the house. We had to change it out.

Something up there, it’s either a setting in the car, it could be a 16amp cable or it’s an issue with your supply .

My usage last night for example
Thank you. I am so relieved to see that someone is actually receiving that amount of electricity during off peak. ESB networks are saying that it is not a supply issue as they fitted a voltage meter in the house over Christmas and they wrote to us saying that our voltage was within limits. However as far as I am concerned that means nothing you could be within limits voltage wise but still not be receiving the mandatory 12 kVA. As an aside Blackrock1 how were you able to obtain your usage for today- realtime ?

Thank you. I am so relieved to see that someone is actually receiving that amount of electricity during off peak. ESB networks are saying that it is not a supply issue as they fitted a voltage meter in the house over Christmas and they wrote to us saying that our voltage was within limits. However as far as I am concerned that means nothing you could be within limits voltage wise but still not be receiving the mandatory 12 kVA. As an aside Blackrock1 how were you able to obtain your usage for today- realtime ?
Hi, I have a Shelly energy meter fitted in my consumer unit monitoring my ev charger and my overall household usage, it reports by the minute

Back