Estimated Bill over 20 times higher than actual usage

You can download a direct debit refund form from your bank. SEPA payments can be cancelled.

KBC didn't charge me. Any cancellation charges made by the provider by Direct Debit could also be cancelled. The poster gets his money returned and can make a complaint with his money in his pocket.

Plus they could add charges for the failed DD, then more again for any disconnection and reconnection.

It's not a failed DD, you are entitled under the SEPA DD rules to recall a DD for a number of week after it was taken. Hence BG should not charge you in the same way as if the DD bounced. Disconnection and reconnection is a different story of course

KBC didn't charge me. Any cancellation charges made by the provider by Direct Debit could also be cancelled.
You need to read up a little more on the terms of the supplier contract, and also on the limitations of the chargeback process.

What evidence do you propose they supply the bank that would prove the cancelled DD charge was incorrect?

It's not a failed DD, you are entitled under the SEPA DD rules to recall a DD for a number of week after it was taken. Hence BG should not charge you in the same way as if the DD bounced. Disconnection and reconnection is a different story of course
It's the same thing to them.

You need to read up a little more on the terms of the supplier contract, and also on the limitations of the chargeback process.

What evidence do you propose they supply the bank that would prove the cancelled DD charge was incorrect?
Chargeback relates to a Credit or Debit card. No evidence is needed to request a refund of a SEPA Direct Debit within 8 weeks of the transaction. It's a no questions asked refund process.

Chargeback relates to a Credit or Debit card. No evidence is needed to request a refund of a SEPA Direct Debit within 8 weeks of the transaction. It's a no questions asked refund process.
Sorry, you're right. But as above, the supplier can levy additional charges for you doing so.

Yes Bord Gais could levy additional charges. If It was me in this situation and the supplier applied penalty charges for a billing mistake of their making, I would take my complaint to the regulator.

Last edited:
Back