Estate Agents Responsibility: Tenant has not paid rent in 3mo.

For a months fee you would generally be talking about a managed letting in which case the landlord has no contact with the tenant and the agent is responsible for ensuring upkeep and income are up to date.

Not in my experience. When we went with the major letting agency, they charged a month's rent for letting and an extra €500 or so for management.

First of all if you go looking for the good tenant registrar you may find it difficult to locate, there is a risk involved with all tenants just as there is a risk for the tenants i.e nightmare landlord. the subject in question, the agent sent eviction notice to the tenant and then advised for the guards to be called in (and so the story ends unless we find out the contract involved).

Regarding what an agent does for their fee is generally take the hassle out of it for the owner. If the owner has the time and doesn't mind dealing with the calls and viewings then of course it makes sense to do it yourself. For a months fee you would generally be talking about a managed letting in which case the landlord has no contact with the tenant and the agent is responsible for ensuring upkeep and income are up to date. Your gripe with agents doesn't make you an authority on the subject you should be able to allow for the reasoning that letting an agent do the work is of benefit to some people.

Well you are definitely not an authority on it. Why dont you just ring one and ask hm if, as you said hell, find a tennant and manage the property for a months fee. And if you do find one post him up here, im sure he'll get lots of business.

I dare say you wont find one though.

My gripe is with anyone who overcharges for a small service. How many hours is the agent going to put in for their fee?

Not in my experience. When we went with the major letting agency, they charged a month's rent for letting and an extra €500 or so for management.

Well you are definitely not an authority on it. Why dont you just ring one and ask hm if, as you said hell, find a tennant and manage the property for a months fee. And if you do find one post him up here, im sure he'll get lots of business.

My experience is Limerick based, 8-10% charge for managed letting no finders fee. 6/7 % for unmanaged letting. As in all commercial agreements, price is negotiable, so negotiate.

My gripe is with anyone who overcharges for a small service. How many hours is the agent going to put in for their fee?

Its not a case of x amount of hours, a straight forward property with striaghtforward tenant will have minimal contact by agent, but there is the other end of the scale as well.

Hi.
Just to let you know its not a managed letting. The payment obviously only paid for them finding a tenent and absolutely nothing else. Have been to the garda station and nothing they can do about it. Have rang her, have called up to the apartment and called up again last night with a witness and she reported me this morning to the guards saying I was threatning her!! I didnt threaten her at all and have a witness to prove it. Have to go up there tonight with the guard so who knows what will happen. Is there anything I can do as she has gotten money from the social welfare to pay for her rent and she hasn't paid it for the month of January. ( I had to use the original deposit to pay Januarys rent ) She gave the EA €350 but this has to be used as the deposit and cannot be used as rent.
Does anybody know what the next step is ??:mad:

So does she just owe for January then? At least we now know that you are officially on your own on this one. Why don't you go to the source of her funding as advised already, this is really where the problem can be solved.

Hi
I used the deposit given to me at the beginning of the lease to pay January's rent. So she didn't pay rent as normal for January. So she would of been given money towards the rent from social welfare but didn't use it to pay rent. So surely she is defrauding the social welfare by not using the money for what it is intended?? Does anybody know who I should get on to. Just the local social welfare office, if it is I have been trying to ring them and they are just ringing out!!

Back