Entered Wrong payment details on Revenue Online - what to do?

lenovoguy

Hi there

I was entering my remuneration and taxation details on the PAYE "Anytime" site last night my two employments as part of a request for a P21 balancing statement, but somehow cleverly managed to enter the details in the wrong fields. I didn't actually get as far as making the P21 request. It just says I have a pending request named "Pay and Tax"

I rang the Revenue today only to be put on to a cranky and extremely unhelpful lady who basically said there is nothing I can do only send in my two P60s as the changes I made take two working days (!) to hit their systems or something. What I'm afraid will happen is that I'll receive a P21 based on incorrect information and be told I've massively underpaid tax or something, as I pay the higher tax rate on one and a lower tax rate on the other.

I'm just wondering what to do here? Should I just ring them back in a couple of days with the completed details?

I did the exact same thing two days ago. I over calculated the tax by including PRSI (wasnt thinking) and when I realised it was too late. The effect of that is that the tax office would have sent me a refund overpaying me the amount of the PRSI. It cannt be amended online. I called the tax office and was getting the same response as you until I mentioned that the tax amount was over stated. After that I could fax over my details that day and the correct details were processed today as she was able to override the system.

My suggestion is calling again and trying to get another representative who might be able to amend this for you. I know they are quite busy at the moment so good luck!

Back