Energy Prices 2024,

dodo

All prices before tax
I am with Energia, best rates they will give for 1 yr contract before tax. Newstalk this morning that Yuno electric is 26.54 and €242.87 standing charge , anyone used them yet and what do you think of them as provider.Anyone has better prices especially for Gas?
Gas: 9.46 Standing charge: 141.65
Electric: 30.93 Standing charge: 236

Last edited:
All prices before tax
I am with Energia, best rates they will give for 1 yr contract before tax. Newstalk this morning that Yuno electric is 26.54 and €242.87 standing charge , anyone used them yet and what do you think of them as provider.Anyone has better prices especially for Gas?
Gas: 9.46 Standing charge: 141.65
Electric: 30.93 Standing charge: 236

Just be aware that those rates don't include VAT, when included that brings it up to 28.93 and €264.73. See here under the Fixed Discount plan

Just be aware that those rates don't include VAT, when included that brings it up to 28.93 and €264.73. See here under the Fixed Discount plan
Ye I know I have that in the post, I mentioned rax or VAT,

Bear in mind if you have microgeneration, Yuno rates are €0.14/kwh (ex VAT), which is considerably less than what other providers are offering.

I certainly would not be fixing. Business wholesale market rates are down further (I had expected a rise for Dec)

For Dec my electricity (energia small business wholesale market rate) was 25c/day standing charge, 13.7c unit charge, 10c pass through charge and 1.6c supplier capacity charge for 7am-11pm usage. So 1580 units cost €412 + vat. €449 inc vat total bill.

For Gas - I switched to same wholesale small business rate in Oct from ESB (they were 11.3c + standing charges).
Dec = 30c/day standing charge, 3.4c unit charge, 4c pass though charge, 0.87c carbon tax, so about 8.2c per unit all in. Doing a comparison with Electric Ireland Sept usage, the average unit rate including all costs on that bill was 14.4c, so a very substantial saving.

What the above example shows is the wholesale market has stabilised and not increased in winter as was expected and therefore the continued hedging systems will average lower and lower and therefore I'd avoid fixing at yuno 28.93c (ex vat) as rates should fall much further. I reckon 20c + vat is attainable.

I certainly would not be fixing. Business wholesale market rates are down further (I had expected a rise for Dec)

For Dec my electricity (energia small business wholesale market rate) was 25c/day standing charge, 13.7c unit charge, 10c pass through charge and 1.6c supplier capacity charge for 7am-11pm usage. So 1580 units cost €412 + vat. €449 inc vat total bill.

For Gas - I switched to same wholesale small business rate in Oct from ESB (they were 11.3c + standing charges).
Dec = 30c/day standing charge, 3.4c unit charge, 4c pass though charge, 0.87c carbon tax, so about 8.2c per unit all in. Doing a comparison with Electric Ireland Sept usage, the average unit rate including all costs on that bill was 14.4c, so a very substantial saving.

What the above example shows is the wholesale market has stabilised and not increased in winter as was expected and therefore the continued hedging systems will average lower and lower and therefore I'd avoid fixing at yuno 28.93c (ex vat) as rates should fall much further. I reckon 20c + vat is attainable.

If the last year has taught us anything in the domestic electricity market it's that prices are taking a lot longer to fall than some analysts are predicting. Some domestic customers locked into a fixed Flogas rate around this time last year and got a decent benefit from it as it was 8-10+ months before prices for all suppliers fell. It is also worth bearing in mind that the breakage fee on these contracts are usually €50 per fuel.

and Yuno drop again to 25.12c + vat (27.3c) for their fixed plan.

However note their standard rates are amongst the highest in the market at 38.79c a unit.

Interesting to see what Energia announce as they are the last of the big 4 to give notice of a reduction.

The Yuno tariffs are for 'smart activated' meters, just to be aware.
Yes - this only becomes clear once you've initiated the switch, which I didn't like at all. Also you prepay in advance based on an estimated bill, so if you are not on a smart meter already and the meter installation doesn't happen quickly (they say they "prioritise" you, whatever that actually means) I'm not sure how they estimate the billing in the meantime.

Back