Think you have it sussed.

1. If you need car = 8000.
2. Leaves = 34000.
3. Fees = 9000
4. Leaves = 25000.
5. credit card = 4000.
6 .leaves = 21000.
Always good to kill debt .

With credit card gone , fees sorted , car sorted , you put 21000 to mortgage , means all that's left = mortgage of 9,000 = happy days.

I have tracker mortgage left of 30,000 euro
Once you spend these funds on reducing your mortgage they are gone!!! You will need to examine your ongoing income/outgoings in more detail before making your decision to partially redeem your mortgage. far more information would be required on your future income/outgoings before appropriate advice could be given.

Iff you have the financial discipline to ring fence the cash and not blow it, then, for now, just kill the CC debt and sit on it for now, assuming the tracker interest rate is low.

Having said that, I would query: Need to spend 8k on replacing car:
if you didn't have the mula would you borrow for it?
If not then why spend cash on a depreciating asset?

Iff you have the financial discipline to ring fence the cash and not blow it, then, for now, just kill the CC debt and sit on it for now, assuming the tracker interest rate is low.

Having said that, I would query: Need to spend 8k on replacing car:
if you didn't have the mula would you borrow for it?
If not then why spend cash on a depreciating asset?
Present car is over 10'year old. Worth nothing and clutch about to go. Won't get nct. Need a car. To borrow for car surely interest rates higher than tracker?.

Always good to reduce debt.
Nearly always hard to ,
as Branz says (ring fence the cash)

If you have managed thus far to (survive) without the money , then use it to pull down your debts and repayments.

Present car is over 10'year old. Worth nothing and clutch about to go. Won't get nct. Need a car. To borrow for car surely interest rates higher than tracker?.

probably costs you 1000 max for everything to get it through NCT. Unless you defo know that clutch is about to go (slipping already) I wouldn't bother, which probably saves you half of that 1000 euro.

To keep an old, paid for, used car, on the road and do standard-wear-and-tear repairs is IMO *always* cheaper than buying a newer one.

Back