Electrical problem in South County Dublin.

IsleOfMan

One day last week the electricity in our house went off for a short period. It appeared to effect our neighbours as a number of house alarms started ringing simultaneously. Later on in the day it went on and off for a few seconds as well. Did anybody else have this problem in South County Dublin? The reason why I ask is that our dvd/video recorder is acting a bit crazy ever since. It also effected the Wifi on our P.C.

Did anybody else have this problem in South County Dublin? The reason why I ask is that our dvd/video recorder is acting a bit crazy ever since. It also effected the Wifi on our P.C.

Probably very localised and may have only effected one phase. You can get a spike when it when it goes and comes back, which can damage equipment. I have have a big industrial UPS beside my PC at home, much to the wife's disgust.:D So bext time the power goes no more darkness and lack of TV. But I would really like a big old diesel generator, just in case the country does back into the dark ages.

Back