Early retirement pension queries

AMRFs are gone. But even when they were there, the max investment was €63k. Once you access the 25% retirement lump sum, you must invest the balance. Into an ARF or buy an Annuity.
You could however invest your D.C. into a few different PRSAs and then access them (25% lump sum +75% ARF/Annuity) gradually over a few years.

Thanks - all roads seem to point to this as the most flexible option so thanks for the advice. Presumably it would be best to convert the PRSA to an ARF prior to it automatically vesting at 75 as I think I read you cant make annual withdrawals from a vested PRSA ?

As a side note, have you made enquiries with the Rentenversicherung about claiming your German pension early at 64 with or without a penalty? I believe the long service rule to avoid an actuarial penalty for early retirement (40 years of contributions) should take account of contributions made in another EU state so it would be worth enquiring about if you are near the threshold.

It is a condition for JB that the applicant is both available for, and looking for, work. However, at 63 it is likely you will be granted it. But it lasts for 9 months only. After that you could apply for Jobseekers Allowance but you would be refused on the means test. Assuming you are granted JB you will automatically get PRSI credits with it and you should be able to continue to sign for credits afterwards, even though you won't get any JA.
As an alternative you could maintain your PRSI record with voluntary contributions. Bear in mind for State Pension purposes it is your record up to 31st Dec in the year you turn 65 that counts.
You should be eligible for the over-65 payment. But all of this is per current criteria and things may have changed in 8-10 years.
Does this mean that currently the Op would get the age 65 payment even if the OP wasn’t working at ages 63-65? Is this because they are signing for credits ?

Does this mean that currently the Op would get the age 65 payment even if the OP wasn’t working at ages 63-65? Is this because they are signing for credits ?
They would need 39 paid contributions in the year of their 63rd birthday. See @S class at Post 12.
Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: mtk
Back