Early Bird - Malahide

Then if you want to go up class try Bon Appetit - www.bonappetit.ie
Bon Appetit has been sold and is closed at the moment.

Cruzzos do a very good early bird. Vinni Vanuccis was terrible the last time I was there , as was Breakers.

I have heard good reports about Oscar Taylors but I havent been there recently.

M

I have heard good reports about Oscar Taylors but I havent been there recently.
It's a bit more 'traditional Irish', big portions etc. Not bad, friendly staf, a nice setting, a lot of families the evening I was there. Totally different to Cruzzos.

Is Cruzzo all its cracked up to be? Ive never been, but it seems to have a very good name.

I would have to say that no, its not all its cracked up to be as I personally think its quite overrated. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed my meal there and thought it was a nice restaurant, but service was mediocre and the food wasnt as marvellous as everyone seems to say.

I would have to say that no, its not all its cracked up to be as I personally think its quite overrated. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed my meal there and thought it was a nice restaurant, but service was mediocre and the food wasnt as marvellous as everyone seems to say.

thats what i suspected. i think the fancy blue lights and the waterfront setting may overshadow the food experience!!

Siam thai only does Early bird Thursday to Sunday and it was not that great. Went to Vinni Vanucci's last week - starter and pasta for E18 and starter and pizza for E16. Was very nice. Orangerie early bird is quite good as well.

I agree. I have eaten there twice and thought the food was just average, and a bit overpriced. A place i do like to it is sale e pepe, the restaurant is small and feels a bit cramped when busy, but the food is usually very tasty.

A place i do like to it is sale e pepe, the restaurant is small and feels a bit cramped when busy, but the food is usually very tasty.
the problem with sale e pepe is they cant deal with groups bigger then 2, been a few times, and orders have been mixed up. Have had friends who have went and had terrible experiences with 7 meals ordered only 6 come to the table! So i avoid there now

Bilash Tandori Indian Rest Do A Brilliant Early Bird. I Would Avoid Crusso's Its The Biggest Rip Off Ever

I agree with the view on Carnegie Court Hotel in Swords. We were given a gift voucher, but, weren't tripping over ourselves to you use it. However, it was about to expire and so we brought our three kids on a rainy Monday night. We were pleasantly surprised and have since revisited. Parking was also no problem.

Indie Spice is Swords on Foster Way, down the side of Xtra-Vision is also a good restaurant, reasonably priced. It also operates one of the the best takeaways in Swords and Malahide

Silks is definitely over rated. Cruzzo's food is just okay, but, the setting is probably the best in Malahide, especially a window seat on the upper level overlooking the marina.

Last edited:
I have never had a bad experience in sale e pepe but i do undertsand why larger groups than 2 could be agrieved due to space being a problem. Vinny vanucci's is ok but can feel quite empty at times. Hush in my opinion is over priced and lifeless as a restaurant even if the food is delicious.

I would second the recommendation for Sale&Pepes. They do a pretty reasonable early bird up to 7pm though like most Malahide restaurants they geta bit pricey then. Been to Vinny Vannouci once and never again. Terrible service and mediocre food imho.

I can second Indie Spice - excellent food, great value. Also, went to Pink elephant in Swords recently. They had an early bird menu that was really reasonable and food was excellent. Half the price of Siam Thai's and food every bit as good.

When i see early bird menu,s i think breakfast am i right?

Back