Dublin day trip - anything new in city centre?

Caveat

The Caveats are heading to Dublin tomorrow - 10/11ish until about 7/8.

No particular agenda, just a bit of aimless wandering around the city centre - lunch, maybe light meal later, maybe a bit of shopping maybe a couple of lazy drinks.

Haven't been there for any length of time in about 5 years - anything worth seeing/doing that isn't too energetic and doesn't stray from the centre? Don't need any touristy recommendations (used to live in Dublin) unless they are new/quirky and non-time consuming.

Any ideas? Sorry if it's all a bit vague...

Hi,

The championship is on in Merrion Square this weekend. Lots of fun and free entry (you just tip the performers). Some of the acts are meant to be fantastic.

I like the idea of the lazy drinks :)

Enjoy your day

g

Thanks both of you.

What are the likes of The Foggy Dew and Bruxelles like during the day do you know?

I'd say they're busy enough but grand I reckon. If the weather's ok, Bruxelles has outdoor seating - nice to have a cold one and watch the world go by.

You'd travel to Dublin for these? My God. Where must you live?:eek:

:)

Well no, obviously I wouldn't travel to Dublin solely to go to a particular pub, but if I'm having a drink when I'm there, I want the music I like to accompany my drink.

Hang on - the above mentioned are still "rock" venues aren't they??

Bruxelles (downstairs) has a much younger crowd than it used to although it might be ok during the day. It seems the older people have moved to the Foggy Dew. It's nice during the day and shouldn't be packed during the time you're there.

Back