dublin bus family ticket

jasonr

I can buy a daily family ticket for dublin bus for €10 from their website.
I am looking to bring my family to Dublin for the day. Park up at the Carlton Airport hotel. Will this ticket be valid for bus from airport to city.

Yes I believe all daily passes are valid on the "Airlink" service ... however if you're parking at the Carlton you'd need to get a shuttle bus back to the airport to catch the airlink (you can catch the regular 41 bus from accross the road into town - though it's not so frequent and slower than the airlink)

Unless there's a particular reason for parking at the Carlton you might consider driving closer into town where there's more frequent buses and a shorter journey time into town

You could park in the carpark at Whitehall Church which is close to several Dublin Bus services, and as far as I know is a free carpark!

Thanks for the replies guys. We are staying in the Carlton that night prior to going on holidays (early flight next day) so I just thought a day in dublin to start the hols would be nice. So I intend on leaving the car at the hotel getting the shuttle to the airport and heading into town (zoo & bite to eat) to pass the day.
The family ticket seems to be great value altogether!

If you're going to the airport to get your bus, you could get the 748 to Heuston. I can't remember exactly where the Zoo is in the park but it might be closer for you.

You can walk from Heuston Station to the Zoo in about 10 minutes. There's also a shuttle bus operating in the park these days doing a circular hop on-hop off route and stopping off at various attractions and you can catch it from Parkgate Street. Your Dublin Bus ticket will probably not cover this.

Back