Dublin (airport) to Belfast journey time

schoko

I will be driving from Dublin airport to Belfast on Thursday morning. Need to be in Belfast for 10am meeting. Bearing in mind the time of morning and traffic heading into Belfast, I wonder if anyone can estimate the length of time it will take to complete the journey?

I believe you'll need about 2.5hours at that time. You will not encounter traffic on the way up until perhaps the M1 outside Belfast.

I have been told that there are extensive roadworks at the Park Centre roundabout at the bottom of the M1 which lead on to the Westlink and are horrendous. Best perhaps to turn off the M1 at the A55 Outer Ring junction, go up Stockman's lane and use the Malone & University Road to enter town - tho that'll be busy, but you'll be able to get parking at the rear of the city hall near the BBC (assuming that this is where your meeting is).

If you get stuck, blame the Westlink!!

Just FYI. I did that journey recently (albeit in the opposite direction) at midnight and even at that time it took 2.5 hours. The roadworks are indeed extensive, confusing and badly marked out and it meant we really had to take our time. Good luck!

Back