Doubt about tax relief on medical expenses

Don't GPs/pharmacists etc. already file patient specific Social Welfare related documentation so maybe they could easily enough also file patient specific Revenue documentation to facilitate tax relief at source?

So your suggestion is for the GP's to do the work !!! as it would be "easy enough to file patient specific Revenue dounmentation".
Oh my God the thought of it would drive me to needing treatment from a Doctor !!!! (but at least I know he would get me my tax relief).

How more simple do you think the revenue can make the claiming of tax reliefs ??? Keep a few receipts, fill out a simple form (one of the the most straight forward from Revenue), dissregard the first €125 of the expenses, you don't even have to forward the receipts anymore, freepost the form etc.
People can't expect to be spoon fed, I'm truely delight to be able to get any small amount back in tax relief.

I am interested in medical expenses paid abroad (I had some). Are you entitled to claim tax relief the same way you do with expenses in Ireland?

Thanks.
Hi,

Could someone tell me a bit about claiming tax relief on medical expenses abroad?

Thanks in advance.

Back