Motor Do you have a motor insurance contract, when you agree terms by phone with a broker, and pay the premium ?

MrEarl

Hello,

Do you have a motor insurance contract, when you agree terms by phone with a broker, and pay the full premium ?

I've recently agreed terms by phone, and paid my premium, all via my broker, but subsequently received contradictory documentation from the insurer.

The broker has confirmed that the documentation does not match what has been agreed, but the insurance company has not resolved the matter (they are looking into it, and have been doing so, for circa 10 days now).

So, do I have a contract with the insurer, based on the terms agreed by phone, and subsequent full payment of premium quoted ?

Yes, there's a 14 day cooling off period, and I'm still within it (but not by much).

Hello,

Do you have a motor insurance contract, when you agree terms by phone with a broker, and pay the full premium ?

I've recently agreed terms by phone, and paid my premium, all via my broker, but subsequently received contradictory documentation from the insurer.

The broker has confirmed that the documentation does not match what has been agreed, but the insurance company has not resolved the matter (they are looking into it, and have been doing so, for circa 10 days now).

So, do I have a contract with the insurer, based on the terms agreed by phone, and subsequent full payment of premium quoted ?
Not until the insurance company has accepted the proposal. But most business for brokers is transacted electronically. So what has the broker told you? And what is the in the correspondence from the insurer that is contradictory?

The broker advised that the policy is in force.

Policy documents issued electronically within 24 hours. Insurance disc etc. has since arrived.

The insurance company have certain specifics omitted or incorrect, for example, the NCB protection and excess are wrong.

The broker advised that the policy is in force.

Policy documents issued electronically within 24 hours. Insurance disc etc. has since arrived.

The insurance company have certain specifics omitted or incorrect, for example, the NCB protection and excess are wrong.
Sounds like you have a contract and any errors should be cleared up when they come back to you.

Back