Disclaimer for kids soccer group organiser

The reality is that no solicitor will draft a disclaimer for you because one does not exist to cover the situation. If you do something negligent and because of that negligence someone is injured then you can be sued. Even where the negligence is questionable, you can still be sued- you might not be held liable, but do you want to face a few years of worry and legal bills before a court verdict?

Forgive my ignorence, but I dont know how any of us could be negligent. We are not adhering to any standards, and all of the parents are on the spot. If any of the helpers are being "negligent", they will be doing so under the glare of all the parents.

Where are you going to play? Will this area be safe? Will it conform to standards acceptable on a soccor pitch. Will you be providing safety equipment? Will you be ensuring that the children are wearing acceptable gear? Will you be ensuring that there is medical help on standby?

These are only the tip of the iceberg.

The game is billed as a knockabout, we will not be ensuring anything. No more so that if a group of kids meet in the park for a kickabout, except better in that there will be parents present.

We are offering no expertise or guarentees, nada, nothing.

That doesnt matter. You are organising it, therefore you should ensure it is safe. If you do not, you are liable.

Anything here that might be of benefit ? I am involved in a club myself and we use O Driscoll O Neill who are good when it comes to adult teams ( loss of earnings and so forth ). Can you get involved under the auspices of a local team ( pay membership ) and still do your own thing ?

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=43

Thinking outside the box, you cant beat it. I will definatly look into this one. My lads are in a club, I will approach the club and see what happens.

Flexible thinking, Flexible.

That doesnt matter. You are organising it, therefore you should ensure it is safe. If you do not, you are liable.

Regarding ensuring it is safe, it is on Co. Co. pitches, so I suppose that brings a certain level of assurance with it. It is supervised by a number of parents, mostly people with common sense.

My kids play in the nursery (development) section of a club, in a Co. Co. park, with a stream near by. We operate in a similar fashion, but without a stream. Better perhaps because with those Saturday games, the only people involved are a ref per game. We nominate linesmen as well as referees.

Vanilla, sorry but I sould like I am trying to convince myself to keep going where common sense might say drop it.

Turns out that one of the dads in the group is involved in insurance, and has taken on the mantle. As he said himself, insurance people tend to be more realistic than solicitors. If he comes up with anything concrete, I can make it available if it is generally applicable, and if anyone is interested.

Back