Disabled...Bathroom grant and property tax not paid

alexandra123

Hello,

I am posting on behalf of a friend.

My friend is disabled and she needs a downstairs toilet put in place ASAP. She has filled out the forms for the grant to get the bathroom done and submitted it ages ago. Apparently they wont process the form unless she is up to date with her property taxes. I have been told she owes about 1k in property taxes but it might be more as we are into a new year now.

My friend is not in a position to clear this debt anytime soon. She is disabled with a mortgage and 2 kids to feed with no partner and no support from the children's father. She is highly dependent on carers coming in every day to look after her.

Does anyone know if she spoke to revenue and agreed a payment plan to cleat the debt would the council then approve the grant ?

Is their anyway the revenue might waver the debt based on her financial situation and let her start off on a clear footing, so that the grant can be processed ?

Tell her to go to her local Councillor or TD for starters. She should also get in touch with the LPT department and explain that she is willing to set up a plan to clear it. They are quite helpful as long as you pal is genuine.

Back