Difficulty Understanding CC Charges

Emma36

I am having difficulty understanding charges attached to my Avant CC statement. I have not discussed it with the lender yet.

Firstly the finance charge varies considerably month to month - for example I can see a finance charge of €117 during a month when my balance is €5350. In another month, I see a finance charge of just €29 where the balance is almost €7,500. I see a monthly charge of 1.74% referenced on the statement but I can't reconcile that percentage with any of the finance charges I see.

During some months, I have a 'Deferred Finance Charge' appearing that can be as much as the 'Finance Charge' and I don't know what this for. I never pay in full, but I never pay late either. I'm not sure if above seems normal or irregular?

I have a balance of about €3k which I'm looking to pay off in the next 2 months and would like to understand how much interest I'm likely to be charged during that timeframe.

Thanks very much.

The monthly charge would be worked out daily,on the balance each day.
The deferred finance charge is for a purchase that is not paid off in full on the month of purchase.(You then get the interest charged from the day of purchase,so nearly 2 months in one go)

Back