"Diep Le Shaker" D2: Anyone dined here recently?

lemeister

Anyone dined here recently? Reviews I've seen suggest the food is excellent but I can't find anything about their price range which worries me a little!
Any info appreciated.

Re: Diep Le Shaker

I've eaten here loads of time and absolutely love it!! They have a fab cocktail menu - and the Thai food is just yummy!! It is on the pricier side, but well worth it imho!

Amazingly enough they have sample menus with prices on their website. They also have a telephone number and an email address.
Oddly enough, their website was the first place I looked for prices but the prices are only for set Christmas dinners and lunches which I might have difficulty in ordering this time of year.
The A La Carte menu mentions no prices.

Apart from the absence of prices (are we so rich we don't need to ask or be given prices?), Diep are only accepting bookings for parties of six or more for Christmas lunches or dinners. That's from early December. Maybe they should change the name to "Thai Food Factory"!
I wouldn't bother to phone to ask the price no matter how good the food may be.

I wouldn't bother to phone to ask the price no matter how good the food may be.

????

I have never been there myself, but my gf is a big fan.

I would be surprised if their prices are way off scale, judging by the prices on their take out menu, which should give a rough idea of what a sit down dish costs.

I went some time ago with quite a large group and everyone else except me appeared to love the grub. I found it too spicy. As far as I can recall it was quite expensive also.

Most restaurants will give you price information over the phone or fax you a menu on request.

Diep Le Shaker, in my opinion, is a top notch restaurant ... not only is the food wonderful, but the service is excellent too

It is on the pricier side, but then again excellent food & service is worth paying a premium for. Check out the review on the following, which also gies an indication of average prices.

[broken link removed]

I didn't think much of the food when I was there. I could rustle up similar with my wok and certainly my local Chinese take away is as good. More of a place to be seen I would have thought.

I didn't think much of the food when I was there. I could rustle up similar with my wok and certainly my local Chinese take away is as good. More of a place to be seen I would have thought.
We'll all head 'round to your place for dinner so:D
I think the food is great. I like the whole ambience of the place as well. It's not cheap but it's not mad money either.

Was there last night and was very happy with the food, setting and service and would have no problem recommending it. Starters were about €10 and mains in the early €20's with rice another €4. Wine ranged from €19 upwards with a good selection in the €25 - €30 bracket. If you like Thai food you'll definitely like Diep.

Whats the name of your local chinese and where is it?

Food is excellent. Service is good. Atmosphere a bit pretentious for my liking.

Went recently with a €150 voucher. Bill came to €100.05. Couldn't believe we were given a €49.95 voucher in change. Customer service!

Back