Dell laptop power adaptor

teachai

I have an Inspiron laptop (About 5 years old now) and the cord from the transformer to the laptop is twisted and bent just where it exits the transformer. I have been twisting it so as to get power but there's no more power (LED indicator is permamnently off).

I Don't have the exact model but I know its an inspiron (was a desktop replacement model) and top spec.

Anyone now where I can pick up an adaptor at a reasonable price?

Related: Do all the Dell Laptops have the same connector for accepting ac input.

yea - same happened to mine - got one on ebay - about 20 bucks
if you cant find one there let me know and Ill try find the seller for you

Ordered one direct from Dell after looking around the office and not finding one laptop with a similar connection.

€85 :eek:

On the plus side they did give me free on next day on site warranty for my 4 year old laptop.

Had a similar problem, with an Inspiron 8200

After getting the runaround from Dell, for weeks I eventually was told they don't supply the adapters for this machine anymore.

I ended up getting this:

It has worked out ok, the attachment for the Inspiron from the univeral adapter is a little loose fitting and tends to get knocked out if I bump the laptop, but that's probably more to do with my power port being faulty also.

Back