Decorative logs

lyonsie

Does anyone know where one would get Decorative logs for a fire. Lots on eBay but won’t ship to Ireland. I don’t know how to post an image but it’s only for a small space. 90x22.5x20mm. These are just for decoration not for burning.

I don't know where you would get them, but I would have thought that the Xmas markets were full of them.

To post an image

Find the image online or on your computer.
Right click
Copy image
Click into your post
Right click
Paste

upload_2017-12-6_14-50-56.jpeg

They're incredibly expensive for what they are, and the reason they won't ship to Ireland is because of the weight.

These guys will ship, but no idea what it would cost you
http://www.thelogbasket.co.uk

Do you know a carpenter? Really all you need are clean cut logs (birch works well because they're pretty uniformly round), clean them up a bit with a wire brush, and treat with a clear varnish if you want. Or just buy kiln dried logs for a rustic look. You don't need to spend 100 quid or more for this.

By the way, if it's for s fireplace, large pieces of drift wood can also look very nice.

They're really simple to make yourself if you are so inclined and have access to some logs. Drill some holes for candles, can of that decorative snow spray, some holly...

Back