DCSI Credit Card Debt

Mark C

Hi,

I am looking for some advise on this please. I have a CC debt of €3900 with AIB. I was making monthly minimum payments but haven't in about a year due to circumstances. The debt has been sold (I think) to DCSI and they are pursuing me for it. Last week I got a solicitors letter demanding payment or legal action.

My question is can I still try and contact AIB and try and set up an agreement with them? Or, I can use everything I can get my hands on €2000 and offer this to DCSI, would they accept this and write off the remainder do you think?

Can they sell the debt to a UK agency and pursue me here?

Thanks in advance

Why would you think it had been sold?Have you had a letter from AIB telling you that?
If not,most likely DCSI are just acting on behalf of AIB .
If you ring them,they will most likely ask you to fill out a statement of means.Will this show an ability to pay?
If not,offer them 1k in full and final settlement.If they reject,you can always bump it up slightly ,but if you offer the full 2k at first,you've really shot your bolt if they reject it.
EDIT:
Can AIB sell your debt?Yes as long as they tell you.
What DCSI are doing us ratcheting up the pressure with each letter to you seeming direr that the one before.This is a psychological process called Dunning.
It could lead you to crack and offer more for the debt than you can afford,or agree to a repayment schedule that is optimistic,and ultimately fails.

Last edited:
DCSI are collection agents for AIB. Have you other debts Marc C ? Are you still insolvent ? Don't make a rash decision because you received a solicitors letter. If you don't have the means to pay you're debt/s there are options available to you.

Thanks for your replies. After checking the first letter from DCSI it does appear that the debt was not sold, it states that they are acting on behalf of their client AIB. I did contact them initially after the first letter and asked - just out of interest - if the debt was to be paid with a lump sum what would the discount be and was told they would reduce it by 20%. I don't want to fill in the statement of means and give over all of my personal information to a collection agency. I would be happy to deal with the bank alone but has that time passed now that DCSI are involved? I am not trying to dodge this and I have every intention of paying once I am in better financial shape

Back