Day Trading

dont worry, your comments dont make me feel inferior. how could they, they dont make any sense

dont worry, your comments dont make me feel inferior. how could they, they dont make any sense

Do you want to me to try and explain it a bit better JB - if you post the bits that don't make snese then I will try and explain, but no guarantee that you will understand - as no one can think for you only yourself.

I think that everything I said makes perfect sense - but that is how I think, and I respect everyone's right to think exactly how they wish - but as a general rule of thumb, it is usually the things that we don't agree with that can be the most benefit to us if fully understood - but to arrive at the best answer one needs to have an open mind, and look for truthful and factual information - as lies will always tend to show its hand sooner or later, it is just how it is!

As of now, it looks like you need to rid yourslef of many false truths that have been formed in your mind - and the best way to do this is to look for actual factual information.

Go on to the NYSE site and look up the number of shares traded for a specific period - look at who bought and sold most - I can nearly say 100% without looking, as I have not looked in a while, that you will find institutional trades the majority (of which program trading - or arb trading - is a big part).

Then, bring up a chart for the period in question - try and see that the bars on the chart match up with the activity of the institutional traders - all this information is freely available to all - all one needs to do is spend some time and effort in looking it up!

Daytrading is a differnet kettle of fish - for although you still need to watch the fat cats, you need to watch them from a different perspective - namely - money flow direction at the open - as these guys find it very hard to cover up their big footprints in the snow ;)

Your achievements in life are limited only by the nature of the thoughts that you predominantly hold in your mind - aka - you are what you think!

of course institutional investors move the market. thats obvious

a person who trades a few hundred shares cant move the price

believe me if you own 100 apple shares and sell them you wont move the price

believe me if you own 100 apple shares and sell them you wont move the price

I think what trader69 means is that every small amount of shares bought contributes to teh overall market direction -be it 1 share or 1 billion shares.

well trader is wrong if he thinks he can influence the price of a stock by selling a very small ammount of shares

Why are all the pension funds down ~20% YTD if they are supposed to be controlling the market! :D Sorry - couldnt resist!

well nikolaz would have us believe that the fund managers are doing it so they can start anotehr boom and busy cycle

well trader is wrong if he thinks he can influence the price of a stock by selling a very small ammount of shares

Volume is the key.

Apple in consistently one of the most traded stocks, so a few shares there won't matter much - however have a look at some of the movers at http://finance.yahoo.com/gainers?e=us and http://finance.yahoo.com/losers?e=us

A significant number of the big gainers and losers have a very small volume. (Small Cap companies) E.G. 150 shares of ASPA (an Argentinean Shopping Centre owner) were bought today costing around $2200 (at closing price), and shifted the share price by 23%. Typical daily volume for the stock is 450 shares.

Back