Dublin Data Protection Solicitor

joeryan

Hi,
I got a letter from a debt collection agency for a bill I had already paid.

It was on a very sensitive medical matter.

It caused a lot of stress and I'm still angry that the debt collection agency now know I had a procedure with this medical organisation.

The medical organisation confirmed this was a mistake on their part.

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor for such matters in Dublin?

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't put the Title in the correct format
- can someone tell me how to edit the title?

I think you might lose more paying a solicitor than for any compo you would get.

(As an example, with the recent data breaches I don't anyone whose details leaked to criminals will get compensation unless they're actually at a loss - and even then, it might be just enough to cover their financial loss - this despite their details being known to criminal actively seeking to defraud them)(of course I could be wrong on all this - not an expert in this area)

What recourse if any can I seek?

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor for such matters in Dublin?

What recourse do you want, monetary compensation? Cannot imagine that for an admin error it would in any way be worthwhile hiring a solicitor.

Thanks for you replies - your probably right I won't make any money, but I'm not in it for the money.

I'll still want to speak to a solicitor and see what they have to say.

Thanks for you replies - your probably right I won't make any money, but I'm not in it for the money.

I'll still want to speak to a solicitor and see what they have to say.

You shopuld report thematter, with all relevant documentation, to:

The Data Protection Commissioner
here: www.dataprotection.ie

If the Commissioner makes a finding in your favour, you can take the matter to court as civil action for defamation/tort.

You shopuld report thematter, with all relevant documentation, to:

The Data Protection Commissioner
here: www.dataprotection.ie

If the Commissioner makes a finding in your favour, you can take the matter to court as civil action for defamation/tort.

Thank you Slim that sounds like very good advice - I will follow it.

Back