Crumlin or Drimnagh

Status
Not open for further replies.
i might just add that, being an idiot, i have regularly left the keys to my house in the front door outside, overnight and never been broken into once.

Also left the keys in my car twice all night!!!

what greater test can there be for an area!! ....although it probably refects poorly on my car too.

I think either area is a very good buy Crumlin might be seen as being a little better than Drimnagh which is reflected in prices but to be honest I have lived in both and would have no hesitation living there again. There is a village community feel to it and both are only ten minutes at most walk from the canal.

My own personal opinion is that Crumlin and Drimnagh are great areas. But I lived there for may years so I would say that. I would consider them equal in tems of being a nice area. Both have good parts and bad parts. In a strange way one area can be grand and another spot just up the street can be a bit rough. The area where you were looking at between Pearse Park and Armagh Road secondary school is indeed a little bit rough. If it was me well personally I'd give it a miss too. But there are rough spots in Drimnagh too. The area between Rafters Road and Brickfield Park is bit rough too so there you go. Or it least it used to be when I was familiar with it.

If you ask a Guard about a street chances are he'll only remeber the last time he did someone there so just bear that in mind when you make your decision. The area sourrounding Mourne Road secondary school is nice as some of your posters have mentioned. Mangerton Road and Comeragh Road and the other areas your friend mentioned to you would be near enough to there.

Cooley Road is grand up as far as Mourne Road Roundabout but the Kilworth end is a bit rough as one of your posters mentioned. As regards Drugs, drugs are everywhere in Dublin, it's really a question of whether you go looking for them or not.

Don't believe all the crap regading the waring drug gangs either, in all the years I lived there I never saw any of it. The only reason I left there was sadly I couldn't afford to buy a home so there.

I would recommend not living directly adjoining any of the parks/ green areas though. Otherwise both areas are ok. Drimnagh better for luas. You won't get shot !

hey

I have lived in Crumlin for just over 6 years and had no problems. I live just up from the Submarine bar, so its practically Perrystown, (Templeogue end of crumlin). Its definitely a nicer part of Crumlin. I had a friend lived in Drimnagh, Ben Madigan road and she had some probs with kids, breakins..but you probably get a bit of that everywhere. I would be of the opinion that Drimnagh is worse overall than Crumlin though to be honest.

I live in Galtymore Road (Cooley end) - cant speak highly enough of it. ....basically all of drimnagh up nearer the hospital is quieter than the rest - but this is reflected in price (known as associated properties) - if you can afford one would go for it - basically galtymore (cooley end), mangerton, comeragh, errigal, mourne (hospital end).

the other ex corpo houses which afre predominant in rest of drimnagh (and all over crumlin) require a bit of homework. around lissadell, ben madigan, lower end of galtymore are all grand but check them out thoroughly....i dont think youll go far wrong in drimnagh. personally would much rather it to crumlin. good luck!

Have to agree totally with you. I lived on Comeragh Rd for a number of years,actually my husband was reared there, and it was a pleasure... no problems whatsoever... I was reared in Crumlin myself, while it was a great place back then, not so sure about it now... having said that we moved to live in Portlaoise 2 years ago thinking we would have a beter quality of life in the country!!! and had a nightmare of a time with neighbours, so does it really matter where in the country we live... there are bad apples everywhere !!!

have been living in dublin for years and only recently heard of a feud between crumlin/drimnagh families. Like everywhere I expect you can have problems in all parts of the city really.

I have lived on the canal end of Kilworth Road and I love it. 3 mins walk to the Luas - 25 mins into town or Tallaght, it's a quiet road, nice neighbours and no hassle whatsoever. No cars racing down the road with loud pumping music, which you can get on some other roads in Drimnagh either. There are a couple of houses for sale, also on carrow road round the corner. They are quite old and we had to do lots to ours, but I'm happy to live here. Transport in Crumlin is awful, I would certainly not move there for that alone.

Transport in Crumlin is awful, I would certainly not move there for that alone.

Depends on where you live but on the crumlin road alone you have the [broken link removed] | [broken link removed] | [broken link removed] | [broken link removed] | [broken link removed] | [broken link removed] | buses. And from the end near, it is a 35min walk to Dame St.

Everyone has different requirements when looking for a house. This thread has almost turned into a battle of Crumlin V Drimnagh. Both have good and bad points and I'm sure everyone who lives there has different experiences. Unless someone asks about a specific road, I think this thread is quite unhelpful.

That's very true, I guess I'm thinking of a friend's house and the only buses that go anywhere near it are the 18 and the 83 and these are nightmare busses!

That's very true, I guess I'm thinking of a friend's house and the only buses that go anywhere near it are the 18 and the 83 and these are nightmare busses!

You're dead right about the 18 -magic funbus!

Ye I have a house in Drimnagh for last 2 years and I think it really is a great place to live. Luas at end of road. Residential yet close to the city. Really good neighbours.

This thread does appear to have run its course and answered the original poster's query so time to close off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back