critical illness

T

Trampas

i am wnwell and need the care of my wife. 3 yrs. ago we thought it wise to take cover in case she should need it as then both of us would need assistance. we are 49ish and paying E175 per month for 200000 for cover. are we wise or what ?

thanks for opinions.

Hi Trampas, firstly sorry to hear your not well hope things improve for you. In relation to critical illness cover I pay this every month myself but nothing like that amount, seems quite high but I have a feeling you may have taken it out after finding out about your illness and that is why your premium is so high. I would urge you to read all the small print on your policy as these policys can have so many restrictions and pre-conditions that can make them void. I know for mine (sorry to be morbid for a minute) but I have to be nearly dead or have to get specific forms of cancer before it will be worth anything but I still pay it as no-one knows whats around the corner. If you are unsure of the termonology in your policy (most of them are written that we can't understand them) get a close family member to read it for you and let them contact the Insurance Company to find out what the policy covers to ensure it is going to provide for what you are intending.

Again sorry to be so morbid but it is alot of money to be paying out each month if your intention is to provide for yourself/ your wife and this policy is worthless in your personal circumstances. Just a thought, also check out your mortgage protection policy if you have one in place to see what that covers.

Best wishes to you & your family for the future

Back