Credit Card used to book with LowCostHolidays

BookishTrish

I used my credit card to make a booking with LowCostHolidays which is now in administration. Flights are ok but hotel booking is now invalid. As we don't have section 75 protection like they do in the UK, is it likely that I will be able to get any refund under a claim via my credit card?

I have started a claim but they said they can't tell me anymore at this stage. I can't afford to book alternative accommodation unless I know that I will get at least a partial refund on what I've already paid for.

I am in same situation. Booked last week, due to travel end of Oct, paid by credit card.

Contacted credit card company who said we are not the first to contact them about this. We were told that until the services have not been provided there is not much they can do (Ie: as the date on which we were meant to check into the hotel has not yet passed, the "non delivery of services/goods" has not yet occurred) and so we would have to wait until after the holiday date has passed to try and make a claim.

It's criminal that this company were taking money from people's accounts literally hours before they went into administration. The money was taken from my account on thurs and by Friday the company ceases to trade. This just can't be allowed given their knowledge of what was about to happen. I'm so angry and disappointed.

Just came across this article which might offer some advice:

http://www.independent.ie/life/trav...-a-holiday-with-lowcostholidays-34892151.html

If you’ve booked a holiday with the recently bust UK travel agents Lowcostholidays you’re probably wondering what to do now.

According to the CEO of the Irish Travel Agents Association Pat Dawson and the Director of legal affairs for the Commission for Aviation Regulation David Hoddnet here are the five things you need to know.

1. Refunds

If you booked your flights and accommodation with Lowcostholidays you can get a full refund by filling out a claim form at www.aviationreg.ie which will be available later on today.

2. Still to go on holiday?

People who are yet to travel with Lowcostholidays should contact them to see if their booking will still be honoured or make a claim to the commission for a refund of money paid to date to Lowcostholidays.

3. On your holiday now?

People currently abroad who’ve booked and paid for holidays with Lowcostholidays as their travel agent and they find they have to pay for a second time for accommodation they’ve already paid for via Lowcostholidays should also claim for re-imbursement from the Aviation Regulation.

4. Commission bond

The commission bond only covers customers that booked overseas accommodation and travel with Lowcostholidays.ie. It does not cover customers that used other travel agencies like Lowcostbeds that allows people to book the accommodation only abroad. People in this situation should try cancelling the payment through their credit card companies or looking into their travel insurances.

5. Speed of refund

Speed of a refund from the Commission for Aviation Regulation depends on the time it takes for people to get all the evidence of their booking together (receipts etc.) and that they can expect to have their money bank in the next few weeks or months.

My sister in law booked accommodation through the site with a visa debit card. After going through the full process and further information requests directly with visa the money was refunded in full last week.

Back