Credit card payment not going through

Dagny Juel

A couple of weeks ago I booked a holiday using my credit card. I got an email confirmation saying that it has gone through and everything is confirmed. However, the payment has still not appeared on my card almost a month later. I rang the holiday company and they said that there was an issue with the bank that day and they will sort it out and not to worry. That was over a week ago and it still has not gone through. My problem with this is that it is a significant amount that is pretty much the limit of my card, so I cannot make any purchases until this goes through and I clear it. While I appreciate that it is meant to be some tehnical issue, can a company take the payment at some random time they choose? I was under the impression that it should be processed when the transaction is made. Is there any point contacting the bank about this? Thanks for any advice.

Hi. Can't you simply transfer the funds to your cc account so as to put yourself in enough credit(or less debit)? Also, I would encourage you to contact your cc issuer.

Back