Laya cost of inhaler - looking for pharmacy in NI or elsewhere

Susie2017

Hi. I started a new inhaler for asthma recently.It is very good but costs €59 per month. Between that and the other one that I'm taking the cost is too high. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pharmacy in the North where I could get it posted down to me instead. Recommendations welcome.

Are you sure it'll be cheaper in the North?
I priced a Symbicort inhaler in Newry and it was effectively the same price as Dublin when you factor in the currency - £54.
Given that I could claim 20% back of prescription costs via MED1, it was cheaper to buy here.

i have mild asthma since i was seventeen ( or thats when i was diagnosed anyway )

i usually pay about 18 euro for a bethlazone 100 preventer ( the brown one ) , bought one while on holidays in spain a few months ago , cost 6 euro ( ventolin was three euro but i didnt buy )

i know they are cheaper in northern ireland but not spanish prices cheaper

Hi. I started a new inhaler for asthma recently.It is very good but costs €59 per month. Between that and the other one that I'm taking the cost is too high. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pharmacy in the North where I could get it posted down to me instead. Recommendations welcome.

You can’t get prescription medicines posted, that’s considered mail order and not legal (not saying it doesn’t happen)

There are multiple different inhalers on the market now, impossible for anyone to give you a quote unless they have the name & strength of what is prescribed for you. You will need to phone around a few pharmacies to find out pricesbut in general there is little price difference between the “combination” inhalers like symbicort & seretide, (based on the price you mention I imagine it’s one similar to those and not an older, single product like beclazone) even between Ireland & the UK. As odyssey points out, the med1 also allows you to claim something back which reduces the net cost.

The name of the inhaler is Seebri 44 micrograms. The cost in Newry is 39 pounds sterling, and they wont deliver. I only checked one pharmacy. Anyone know if i could get it in Spain for less, not that im planning a trip anytime soon.

Have you tried healthwave.ie ? Their site is down at the moment but they are generally cheaper. That said I am on becotide 250mg and it's around 25 euro there so not sure how much cheaper it is from ordinary chemist.

Can you buy inhalers over the counter in Spain or do they require a prescription?

I'd be very surprised if you could get a steroid \ preventative inhaler over the counter ... you might be able to get an emergency one like Ventolin ok.

You could also try Pure Pharmacy here in the south . They are very competitive with some medicines. You can e mail and ask for price.

Back