Condenser Tumble Dryer

Lex Foutish

I currently have a vented tumble dryer. The flue comes out at the soffit which I'm not overly happy about due to timber rot, etc. I'm thinking of getting a condenser dryer. Has anyone here got one? How is it working out? Does it lead to condensation in the room?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

I have one, but only use it to air clothes really that are almost dry. I never put wet clothes into it - except the odd emergency. Room can get warm but no condensation.

I have a condenser, when clothes are put in wet it produces a lot of condensation (in a small room).

I have a bosch condenser dryer and again like some of the other posters I only use it to air the clothes and fluff-up towels. An oddtime I would have put in very damp clothes but never noticed any condensation in the utility room - I have no window in the utility room.

I have a condenser in a small, windowless utility room. It does lead to some condensation in the room - depending on how wet the clothes are.

I have a condensor dryer which I notice steams up my utility room in winter, it's a good size utility room 2.6m x 3m, so I imagine it would be more noticeable in a smaller utility room. But I just open the window a bit and it seems to be ok.

Thanks for all the replies. I rarely put very wet clothes into the dryer either. Usually just for giving them a good airing, etc. Does anyone want to recommend a brand or steer me away from one?

Condensation inside the room containing any type of tumble drier is often caused by leakage of air out of the drier from the door seals. The doors sometimes buckle due to the heat and do not seal properly. I have cured this problem by fixing metal brackets at the top and bottom of the door and using a piece of timber to wedge the door tight.

Thanks for all the replies. I rarely put very wet clothes into the dryer either. Usually just for giving them a good airing, etc. Does anyone want to recommend a brand or steer me away from one?

Have a Miele one which is quite good. Well it has given no trouble in approx. 4 years anyway.
I would advise getting one which has the option of piping the condensed steam (water to you and me!) to drain rather than having to empty a drip tray regularly which I found a pain until I piped it to drain

Condensation inside the room containing any type of tumble drier is often caused by leakage of air out of the drier from the door seals. The doors sometimes buckle due to the heat and do not seal properly. I have cured this problem by fixing metal brackets at the top and bottom of the door and using a piece of timber to wedge the door tight.

Thanks, Bstop. You'd probably need the brackets and piece of wood if this fella was around! ;)

Have a Miele one which is quite good. Well it has given no trouble in approx. 4 years anyway.
I would advise getting one which has the option of piping the condensed steam (water to you and me!) to drain rather than having to empty a drip tray regularly which I found a pain until I piped it to drain

Hadn't thought of that, JMR. I could actually pipe mine as well, given its position in the utility room. Thanks.

Back