Comreg Upholds Complaints against Eircom Winback

D

daltonr

This is a bit out of date, but I hadn't noticed it had happen. Good news if you dislike Eircons aggresive strategy to win back customers who switch to other providers.

www.rte.ie/business/2004/...ircom.html

Having just switched to UTV I'm looking forawrd to the first Eircon employee who knocks on the door. There won't be a second knock.

-Rd

I said to him , hang on while I get the shotgun.

By the time I came back to the front door (I dont have a shotgun by the way ) he was gone .

They never came back or rang me.

_pooof_

One of the eircom idiots called to our door a few weeks back and said "Hello Mrs *boyfriends last name*" I was highly offended and told him to get lost. I don't look old enough to be married (in my mind anyway)!!!

I don't look old enough to be married (in my mind anyway)!!!

You mean you look ? ;)

You mean you look under 18?

Very funny!!!

I'm just getting used to the fact that I have a mortgage! I still feel like a student at heart!!

Eircom Winback

Great news! I must have had at least 8 reps call to the door since we switched to UTV.

Mind you, they were polite and much less aggressive than the chap who called from Gorta (I think that's the correct spelling) who put his foot in the door and, when told that we were having dinner and I couldn't speak to him, asked if he could join us! I said no and he just kept insisting that he hadn't eaten yet and was hungry. I had to be rude, which is not in my nature, just to get rid of him.

Re: Eircom Winback

eircom reps at the door? Is this their response to poor performance of the telesales people?

Where do you folks live? Haven't heard of this around my way (inner suburbs of Dublin)

Wnback

has been going on nationwide for years now. I had 3 calling to me separately after I went to ESAT

Eircom Winback

I live in Wicklow and once had 2 Eircom reps call to the door in the same week. I told the 2nd caller that someone had called earlier in the week and I told them I wasn't interested.

I asked why I would received 2 calls in one week and about 8 in total - he told me that he usually works in an office, but that they had all been seconded to do a bit of 'cold calling' to win customers back. He said they just get a list of previous customers and are told to call to their homes and try to talk them into coming back to Eircom.

I haven't had any Eircom callers in 2005 and I hope it stops - it would be great to stop the others calling as well - the charities, the 'poor Polish students', the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.

I see it as an invasion of my privacy and peace at home to constantly be disturbed by cold callers. If I want any of their services or to join their groups, I'll do so of my own volition. I wonder if they are ever successful with the cold calling?

Re: Eircom Winback

Talk about the hard push selling. I had one Eircom sales rep call to me one night. They kept saying that they would beat my current carrier prices, when I told them that I had free calls as I was an employee of their competitor she looked and me and then tried to sell me internet time (which was also free). I eventually closed the door on her face...

BTW Degirl do you get those poor polish students calling also.. I wouldnt mind but I thought it was only something that happenned in west Cork

cold calling

Eircom still seem convinced (at the door) that their talktime package beats UTV. Explaining that the UTV calls is like Talktime without any limit they still argue the point. Surely they could get people that can acknowledge when they are beaten!

Re: cold calling

Eircom are now taking a "reverse-branding" market reaction to their name being "mud" in many peoples minds.

Yesterday I received a winback brochure through the post with graphics on the cover. It would have hit the bin immediately, but for the fact that they did not display their logo on the cover. It wasn't until opened and read that one could see it was from Eircom.

Re: cold calling

I think I got the same thing - a square CD cover sized booklet with smiley happy people printed on each page. Went in my recycling bag immediately.

That Shower Too.

< do you get those poor polish students calling also.>

selling art or photos with no english (allegedly) and a handwritten note explaining all this cack that they shove in your face ?

they are normally Romanian and not Polish at all and unfortunately give the Poles a bad name . They called to a Polish friend of mine recently ....a BIG mistake seeing as he was very wound up about them already .

They are still not as pushy as Eircom though :(

polish guy at the door

i had a polish? guy at the door recently with a note as described. i had a look at the pencil sketches he was selling and was very impressed with the quality. they also were very cheap 10e? athough i didnt buy any as they were not my kind of thing. i dont see how he was giving anyone a bad name.

Back