Communion Dresses

Yes for sure. The sooner the schools and the church insist on school uniforms the better IMHO.

I was in Dunnes in Liffey Valley yesterday. They had some lovely dresses that could definitely be used for FHC..they even had cardi's and shoes to match...didn't check the prices but i can't imagine they'd be >€50. Very simple dresses and very appropriate for a 7 year old imo!

I bought a flower girl dress in Dunnes Stores for 45e for my child last year. Paired it with a cream cardigan and Dunnes slip-on pumps. I borrowed a veil because I scoured Ireland for a cream one and couldn't find one. She was stunning, simple and elegant.
And she was not a child bride the way that many kids are now.

Hi All,
I'm looking for communion dresses for a fuller figured 8 year old, I'm findin it very hard to find nice ones that fit does anyone have any suggestions.
I'm in North Tipperary but am willing to travel .... Please help me!

Hi amy hope this helps there is a shop in newcastle West and she does up to age 11yrs its on maden st not sure of the name

Not to worry - no doubt it'll be useful information for someone when this year's Communion shopping begins :p

There's a shop in Kells (Meath) called Maria B's, she imports all her dresses from Italy, they are really beautiful and reasonably priced. She is also a seamstress and can make any alterations required.

No connection with this shop - just a satisfied customer.

There is a Boutique in Raheny Village opposite the gym near to Watermill Road which sells a lovely small collection of reasonably priced dresses and accessories. We got ours there 2 years ago for 129 for the dress and this was after looking in Alexanders, Arrnotts and Debenhams. Look now though as we left it too late to get our choice of sizes in February that year. Enjoy.

I've just bought my daughter a dress at a bridal shop in Ashbourne - only found it by chance while out shopping. They have a sale on with dresses starting from 80 euro, i paid 120 for my daughters dress and it's beautiful. girls in shop were lovely and spent ages fussing over us (in a nice way).

I think the name of the shop is spelt trousseau.

I just bought a communion dress in M&S its terrible. The threading is coming apart. Now my daughter hates it. Avoid Marks...

hello

i have a shop selling christenings and communion dress im in manchester if you wish i can send the pictures to you , the prices are between 50 euros to 120 euros y mail is [email protected]

Back